Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

"You are ..."



Image result for overcomer


"You are ... "

In the movie "Overcomer," the main character is a high school runner who comes from a troubled family.   She has to overcome her tough background as well as asthma in order to succeed both in cross country meets and in the relationships in her life that are so broken.
At one point, her high school principal suggests that she read Ephesians.  She tells her she will discover who she is by reading Ephesians.  
After seeing the movie, I decided to read Ephesians to discover who I am.   Here's just a little bit of what I came up with:

I am loved  (2:4).
I am saved (2:5, 8).
I am created for good works (2:10).
I have been drawn close to God by the blood of Christ  (2:13).
I am a member of the household of God (2:19).
I am strengthened (3:16).
I am called (4:1)

That's just a taste, and that which is true of me is true of you too. 
Do you go through periods where you are really down on yourself?  I do.  I beat myself up pretty good.  Sometimes, I believe that voice in my head that tells me, “Rob, you’re a failure.  Rob, you’ll never do any better than mediocre.  Rob, you best days are way behind you.”  Those voices nip at my heels and I hear their sinister whispers and believe the lies.
Reading Ephesians, I rediscover who God says I am. God gets to be the authority, not those voices.  God gets to say who I am and who you are.
            Who will you believe, God, or those voices? You are a beloved child of God.   Read through Ephesians and rediscover who you are. 
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment