Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Book Review - Objective Troy

Scott Shane’s ‘Objective Troy’ is a much needed book.  Anyone who cares about America’s place in current worldwide affairs should read it.  Shane educated me about the nation of Yemen and the history of the United States’ so called war on terror.  
            Shane’s research is exceedingly thorough, his writing style flows nicely, and his conclusions are fair and based on facts.  He offers opinions, but he does so from a reasonable starting point.  This means his work is quite easy to read, makes a lot of sense, and is persuasive.
            That last observation, the persuasiveness of Shane’s work, for me is challenging. I have very much wanted to like our current president, Barak Obama.  And in some ways, I still do.  However, Shane reveals a side of Obama – the side that prefers secrecy to transparency –I find disappointing.  I believe what Shane shows is accurate.  In the ‘war on terror,’ Obama’s hands are dirty, and I am not sure the messes were handled in the best way.

            So, I recommend ‘Objective Troy.’  In fact, for anyone who wants to get a grasp of American history 2000-2015, I’d say it a must read.  

I was given a free copy of this book for the purpose of writing a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment