Total Pageviews

Monday, August 29, 2011

August 29, 2011

It's been an overwhelming summer. We made two trips to Ethiopia, and between those two trips my sister got married. My brother and I along with two others comprised the pastoral team for the outdoor wedding. It was great. I am happy for my sis and seeing family was awesome.

While in Ethiopia, my wife and I researched what will be a mission trip for our church in 2012. We also adopted a little girl. Now our family is 5, not 4. And the jump up, adding another child, has been overwhelming. Merone is wonderful precious, beautiful. I love her.

Finally, now, August is here and life is settling down. Igor is back in school. Henry starts preschool next week. Merone is feeling more at home.

And I am finally getting back to this blog. I guess if I were a true writer, I would have been putting down my feelings, reflecting on everything along the way. There certainly was enough material. But, I was too caught up in life to pause to write about it. That's why I am not writing more now. I am going to finish up my September newsletter column and then I am walking home to see my family and meet Igor when he gets off the bus.

And that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment